Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Price: Starter Membership, $0 (Join Here)
Owners: Kyle & Carson
Overall Rank: 98 out of 100
Who it’s for: Newbie – Expert
An Introduction to my #1 Work from Home Review
There is going to come a time when I will find it difficult to get to and from work and perform my daily tasks.
So I thought I would write this review on Wealthy Affiliates so you can make up your own minds if it’s for you too or not and if you could also benefit from it.
In this review I will point out the facts like who it is for, the training and the support you get etc.
Wealthy Affiliates was founded in 2005 by two Canadians Kyle Loudoun and Carson Lim who wanted to create a platform to help others succeed online.
It has got all the necessary tools and resources to equip you in building a successful online business with an excellent support structure.
Everybody who registers with Wealthy Affiliate becomes part of the community which is a forum where you can ask questions, get support, partake in classroom discussions and live chat.
The owners who are actively involved within the community are there to help and give advice whenever you feel stuck or get overwhelmed by the training.
You can also always get hold of them on their profiles if you have a question of a more personal nature.
With the education available to you, you will be taught step by step how to start your own online business.
As you go through the training at Wealthy Affiliates not only will you get the support and encouragement from the community, but all the tools needed for success too!!
Sound too good to be true?? – Apparently not.
With the training, tools and strategies that you will receive you will be able to grow your business and fully position yourself in the market place.
One of the nice things about Wealthy Affiliates is that you don’t have to join their affiliate program, but you are encouraged to find your own niche and expand on that.
You will be trained in whichever way you choose, but the key takeaway in this point is that the emphasis is placed on starting your online business from your own niche and the affiliate program is suggested as an add on or an alternative if you can’t come up with a niche of your own.
And best of all it is Absolutely FREE to Start!!
The Good and the Bad
- Not a MLM or get rich quick scheme – The focus at Wealthy Affiliates is about educating and supporting people to be able to run their own online business in whatever niche they want.
- Free to join – This is great because most people would like to try something first before maybe upgrading to the premium membership and parting with their hard earned cash.
- No upsells – A FREE and Premium membership are the only two options at Wealthy Affiliates and that’s it!!
- Hosting – You get state of the art hosting at SiteRubix with 24/7 website support, robust security and daily backups.
- Training – The training is very well structured and easy to digest. It teaches you the fundamentals first and there is a strong emphasis put on content creation. Included in the training are video courses and webinars which are hugely beneficial. Also their training is updated when technologies and strategies change which is a big plus in my books.
- 100000 + Members – Everybody that signs up forms part of a community “forum” where you can participate in discussions about your training and get immediate support via live chat.
- Active Owners – The founders, Kyle & Carson get involved in the live chat, classroom discussions and are very helpful. You can also leave a message on their profiles and they will always get back to you.
- Themes – There are so many themes to chose from on the Wealthy Affiliate platform, but the ones that I have been through are no different to the ones you can download for free from wordpress.org.
- 7 day trial – The 7 day trial period is for the free members to see what it is like to to have premium access. This in my opinion is too short because you need more than a couple of days to see what there is available to premium members.
- Confusing for Beginners – There are two paths to go down here, the affiliate bootcamp or the getting started/entrepreneur route. Until you become familiar with the structure of the program you are often overwhelmed with too much information at once.
Who is this Program for
This program is for anyone wanting to start an online business or build up their existing business be it from beginner to advanced .
- So in other words it would be beneficial for stay at home Moms or Dads
- People who would like to make some extra money and supplement their income.
- Folks that have retired and would like to complement their pension.
- Someone who would like the freedom of working in a flexi type environment and only having to be accountable to themselves.
- Students who would like to earn an income and be able to pay for their college lifestyle etc.
- People who have their own online business and wish to learn how to grow their niche and turn their website into an authority site.
The Training and Tools within Wealthy Affiliates
With the training resources available to you at Wealthy Affiliates you will definitely gain the skill needed to start an online business and become very successful at it.
Of the two paths that you can choose I will explain the Online Entrepreneur Certification Course first. This is also called the getting started course and this is where everybody should begin.
The Online Entrepreneur Certification Course
In this course you will learn how to build an online business within your own niche and to monetize your website.
You will also learn how to build an authority website with well structured content and about traffic and how to convert it into revenue.
This course consists of 5 levels with 10 lessons in each level. At the end of each lesson there are tasks that you can complete in order to test your knowledge of what you’ve learnt in that lesson.
All the lessons comprise of text based learning and mostly accompanied by videos to visually explain and to show you what to do in the tasks that follow.
AS a Starter member you have access to Level 1 and the 10 lessons within it which is enough to get your website built, setup, configured and you creating good content.
Premium members on the other hand have access to all 5 Levels with lots more valuable information.
In the below screen shots I have broken down the FREE Starter Membership and thereafter I have summarized the 4 levels that follow when you upgrade to the Paid Premium Membership.
Level 1: Getting Started
Level 2: Building Your Own Traffic Producing Website
Level 3: Making Money
Level 4: Mastering Social Engagement
Level 5: Achieving Maximum Success Through Content Creation
The Affiliate Bootcamp
There is also another path called the Affiliate Bootcamp which I will explain and give you visual overview.
The main difference is that the Affiliate Bootcamp Program focuses on promoting Wealthy Affiliates.
If you are finding it difficult to come up with a niche at Wealthy Affiliates the Affiliate Bootcamp is the perfect choice for you.
Some of the lessons do overlap, but their is lots of unique content in this course that is geared toward affiliate marketing.
The Affiliate Bootcamp consists of 7 phases of which each has 10 lessons.
All the lessons comprise of text based learning and mostly accompanied by videos to visually explain and to show you what to do in the tasks that follow.
AS a Starter member you have access to Phase 1 and the 10 lessons within it which is enough to get your website built, setup, configured and you creating good content in order to promote Wealthy Affiliates.
Premium members on the other hand have access to all 7 Phases with lots more valuable information.
In the below screen shots I have broken down the FREE Starter Membership and thereafter I have summarized the 6 Phases that follow when you upgrade to the Paid Premium Membership.
Phase 1: Starting Your Foundation Phase
Phase 2: Content, Keywords & Conversions
Phase 3: Giving Your Site Social Value
Phase 4: Get Visual, Get Aesthetic, Get a Brand Though Media
Phase 5: Knowing Your Audience & Catapulting You Referrals
Phase 6: Bing, Yahoo & The Power of PPC
Phase 7: How to Scale Successful PPC Campaigns
So above are the two paths that you can take, but to supplement these courses are Live Video Classes and Classroom Training.
Their are thirteen classrooms which are based on various subjects and each consist of Questions and Answers, Tutorials, Video and Courses .
This training is created by Wealthy Affiliate members and is intended to provide solutions to specific topics.
As a Starter member you have access to two classrooms namely the Getting Started Classroom and The Wealthy Affiliate Platform Classroom.
In the Getting Started Classroom you will learn how to create your website and about generating revenue online.
In the Wealthy Affiliate Platform Classroom you will learn all about the system, how the different pieces fit together and how it will best benefit you.
Obviously as a Premium member you will have access to all the classrooms.
- Getting Started
- WA Affiliate Program
- Keyword, Niche & Market Research
- Everything WordPress
- Authoring & Content Writing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Engagement & Marketing
- Website Development & Programming
- Local Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Email Marketing
- The Wealthy Affiliate Platform
- Pay Per Click Marketing
In this example of the Wealthy Affiliate Program Classroom there are 4 tabs on the top of the page consisting of Discussions (Q & A’s), Tutorials, Videos and Courses.
So as you can see there is a lot of useful information within these classrooms.
Live Video Classes
There are Live Video Classes (webinars) which are for Premium members and are scheduled for once a week either on a Friday or Saturday.
These webinars are very informative, full of helpful information and always interactive as there are question and answer sessions at the end.
Jay Neill who hosts these webinars has a way of getting the material across in a simple and easy to understand way.
They are also all recorded and put up on the Wealthy Affiliate website in case you happen to miss out because of time zone differences.
As you can see in this example I am registered for the WA Bootcamp Confidential which is at 4:00am my time so there is a good chance I may miss the live webinar, but the recording will be put up on the WA site within 48 hours time.
One of the benefits of attending live webinars is so that you can ask questions at the end.
Available Tools at Wealthy Affiliates
At Wealthy Affiliates you will find all the tools necessary to start an online business and also to make your life a little easier. There are 5 tools available on their website which cover everything from Building Websites to tracking your own Links.
- Websites & Hosting – When you sign up as a Starter Member you get 2 FREE websites hosted on the SiteRubix.com domain, but as a Premium Member you get up to 25 sites with your own personnel domain name and unlimited SiteRubix.com domains. Building Websites is a simple 4 step process and can be accessed via the light blue SiteRubix rectangular box near the top left of the page.
- Keyword Tool – The keyword tool is a great tool for finding out what keywords others are looking for and the competition within a chosen keyword. The competition is measured in QSR (Quoted Search Results) and you ideally want this to be 300 or below. This tool is unfortunately only for Premium Members so if you are a Starter Member you will have to create a FREE Jaaxy Account which will enable you to do 30 searches.
- Rapid Writer – The rapid writing tool is just like Microsoft Word or Google docs and has a feature built in called keyword density which lets you know how many times your chosen keyword was used throughout the article.
- Link Tracking – Is a way of replacing (cloaking) your affiliate links with a tracking links so that you know how many clicks a link got. You should always track your links so that you know which ones are performing and then make informed decisions about what to use or not. Wealthy Affiliates uses My Linker 2 to cloak and track links.
- Keyword Lists – A collection of 10 keyword lists are performed in Jaaxy and each list has 100 keywords. The keywords in any given list are not based around a specific niche, but contain any keyword that is considered a low competition keyword.
Support at Wealthy Affiliates
The support at Wealthy Affiliates is the best I have come across in this industry and that is one of the major reasons that persuaded me to join. Everybody who joins gets to be part of the community who interactively shares in live discussions and training’s.
The community consists of over 100000 people from all over the world and therefore from different time zones. So basically you are assured of help and support 24/7 from these very helpful people.
Most of the community have been through the same courses and processors that you are going through so it is comforting to know that whatever question you may have on this subject there is a good chance that someone in the community has the answer.
If by some chance you don’t find the answer to your question you can always contact the owners Kyle or Carson on their profiles.
I want to point out that this is a Premium feature and that as a Starter Member you only get access to Live Chat, Creating Blog Posts, Discussions, Training and Commenting for the first 7 days of signing up. This is to give you a taste of what advantages you have by going Premium.
The search bar is on the top middle of the page and can be used to type in anything you would like to search for.
This is the quickest way to get an answer to your question and you will probably receive a reply within a couple of seconds.
Ask a Question
You can ask a question which will get broadcast to the community and when answered will show up on your activity dashboard.
You can use the Private messaging function if you have a message of a more personal nature or you want to contact Kyle or Carson directly.
The guys at SiteRubix offer 24/7 website monitoring with daily backups and full redundancy. In the unlikely event that your website crashes or you need a backup restored, they will get you up and running again in 24 hours max depending on the problem. In order to contact them you will have to log a support ticket and they will get back to you within a couple of minutes.
The 2 price options are Starter Member or Premium Member.
Starter Membership, $0 (Join Here)
With this FREE membership you get to try out Wealthy Affiliates out before you upgrade. Of course you could stay on the Starter Membership for as long as you like, but you would be missing out on a program that could take you so much further.
As a Starter, you will get access to 2 x Websites on the SiteRubix domain and 10 valuable lessons in both the Online Entrepreneur Certification course and the Affiliate Bootcamp Program.
You will also be given access to everything that a Premium Member has for a period of 7 days. This is to give you a taste of how much more is offered as a Premium Member.
This is the Rolls Royce Membership and has absolutely everything you need to be successful in any Online Marketing niche.
If you decide to join Premium within the first 7 days of signing for a free account then there is a special of $19 for the first month and thereafter it is back to $49 per month.
The monthly fee of $49 equates to $588 per year, but if you decide this is for you and upgrade to yearly fee you only pay $359 which equates to less than $1 a day.
So as you can see this is a substantial saving and in my opinion is quite a bargain for what you get.
My Final Verdict
Wealthy Affiliate is basically an online educational platform that has a virtual college like feel where entrepreneurs exchange knowledge, make friends and build connections to take their businesses to greater heights.
When you join for FREE not only do you get 2 x free Websites and the 10 lessons from both courses, but you also get a 7 day trial period to see what it is like to be a Premium Member and have their access.
So create your FREE account, use the 7 days to ask questions and learn as much as possible. If you can then see the potential in this offer and want to go Premium, my suggestion is to take advantage of the $359 per year upgrade as it works out so much cheaper.
I want to assure you that no matter which way you choose I will be there to guide and support you throughout your online journey.
I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for reading.
If you have any questions about this review or how to get started please feel free to drop me a Comment Below or contact me via Email.